Thank you for making 2018 the most successful year yet in Wonderland’s half-century of service.
You and others in our community really stepped forward to volunteer time, talent, or treasure, help raise awareness, launch new programs, ultimately inspiring hope for local children and families.
Here’s just some of the growth you made possible in 2018:
- 505 children and 858 parents/caregivers received early-intervention services, a 16% increase over 2017.
- 620 children and 486 parents/caregivers benefited from our no or low cost supplemental support programs.
- Wonderland’s five free Play & Learn groups increased participation by 189% over 2017.
- Our uncompensated care fund provided $217,913 in scholarships and financial aid packages to King and Snohomish county families in need.
- Our groundbreaking new clinic for the treatment of prenatal substance exposure is poised to open this spring.
But wait! 2019 is shaping up to allow us to help even more children and families.
On January 1st, Wonderland Developmental Center became Wonderland Child & Family Services. Our new name better reflects the scope and impact of our work. Our new, colorful logo is at the top of the page.
June 2019 also marks the 50th anniversary of Wonderland! A half century ago, a group of concerned parents united to provide supports for three struggling neighborhood children and their families. Thanks to you, a mighty oak has grown from that original seed: Wonderland now provides early-intervention services to as many as 270 children and their caregivers a month!
We’ll be sharing 50th anniversary news throughout the year and hope you can join us in celebrating Wonderland’s half-century of service at a family-friendly event on June 27th at the Mountlake Terrace Community Senior Center.
Meanwhile, plans for the prenatal substance exposure clinic are moving full-steam ahead. We’ve assembled a stellar team of therapists and family support professionals who will begin a month of intensive trainings in February. Our permit has been approved, so we’ve begun the five to six weeks of remodeling needed for the anticipated April opening of Wonderland’s NE office and clinic in Bothell. (See the floor plan!) We’ll keep you updated!
I am grateful to all of you—our children and parents, grantors, donors, community partners, and many, many volunteers—together we are changing the lives of children and families in King and Snohomish counties. Thank you!