Wonderland’s group activities are suspended until further notice. Our first priority is the health and safety of the children and families we serve, our staff, and our community as a whole. We are looking forward to being able to come together again soon!
The Hanen Program: More Than Words
Wonderland Child & Family Services is pleased to present More than Words. This practical, research-based Hanen curriculum promotes the social and communication development of young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or related social communication difficulties.
More Than Words Offers:
- 6 two-hour classes for small groups of parents and caregivers.
- 2 sessions with a Hanen-certified speech-language pathologist to discuss specific communication goals and implement strategies.
- 1 individual videotaped session of interactions between you and your child.
- Interactive sessions for parents/caregivers and children to build skills together.
- Support from other parents with similar challenges and experiences.
Why are Parents/Caregivers involved in More Than Words?
Parents/caregivers are the most important people in a child’s life. One of the greatest gifts they can give a child is the help he or she needs to communicate and connect with the world. The More Than Words Program teaches parents/caregivers practical ways to encourage language skills during everyday routines and activities.
Space is limited and advance registration is required. Insurance will be billed for individual speech therapy sessions.